The UAE temporarily suspended the issuance of all entry visas on Saturday the 14th of March 2020. This development affects everyone except diplomatic passport holders and it will fully be implemented on the 17th of March, 2020. The UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and citizenship revealed that the Visa suspension was just a measure taken to contain the spread of COVID-19. According to the UAE, the visa suspension does not apply to persons who acquired visas before the 17th of March.
They also revealed that the suspension will hold till countries of departure commence medical screening for outgoing passengers. It is important to note that the UAE is not the first to take precautionary measures towards the COVID-19. Recall that the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2020 was cancelled in a bid to keep attendees safe. Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft and Seed Stars Summit all turned their upcoming events to an online-only event just to contain the spread of the virus and to ensure the safety of attendees.
As countries and top global brands take precautionary measures to safeguard their citizens and staff, we at Travels on click also care about our clients. We advise that you take these simple safety tips and stay safe from the COVID-19 virus.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap or water is not readily available, use a hand sanitize that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Maintain healthy distance with sick people. WHO advises at least 1 meter.
- Distance yourself from other people, especially if COVID-19 is spreading within your community.
- Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when you are coughing or sneezing, and dispose afterwards. In a case where there is no tissue, endeavor to cough and sneeze into your elbow or sleeve.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you touch frequently. Surfaces like doorknobs, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, counter tops, toilets, etc should be properly cleaned.
- Stay home if you are sick and call your doctor if you don’t feel well after 24/48 hours.
- Wear a face mask if you are sick. Also, wear one if you are around other people and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office.
These are simple basic hygiene tips. We hope that you apply them and stay safe.